Original Article ID: 1678
DPS Flex customers may upload their own Hold Music files via the Admin Portal. The Admin Portal will only accept Hold Music files fitting certain parameters:
- File must be either .mp3 or .wav format
- File must be 100 megabytes or smaller in size
- File should be recorded in 16-bit mono format
- Sample Rate should be 11 kHz or 8 kHz
- If you want to upload an .mp3, the file needs to be using a Constant Bit Rate (CBR) to prevent upload problems.
* Unlike in Individual Services, the hold music file name may contain spaces.
When they upload a hold music file with invalid parameters, they will automatically be emailed a message advising them to convert the file and reupload it:
Note: If a customer is having trouble uploading an audio file or if the quality is poor or sounds distorted, then one or more of the audio file parameters are invalid. In most situation we want the customer to convert the audio file themselves or by the company that created the recording from them.
However, even after they try to get the file to fit the correct parameters, the files still don't upload. This is usually because they missed one of the parameters. At this point, use article KB#2678 to convert the file yourself using Audacity.
** Please do not reply to this message via e-mail. This address is automated, unattended, and cannot help with questions or requests. **
The hold music file you recently uploaded for your Intermedia Hosted phone service with the name Test has errors and cannot complete as is.