This article applies to Exchange 2013 accounts.
Note: Lync Mobile 2013 isn't compatible with any earlier Lync Server versions (i.e., if you're hosted on Exchange 2007/2010, Lync Mobile 2013 will not work for you).
Please make sure that Skype for Business Secure Chat and Conferencing is enabled for the user you are going to setup. If not then you will need to enable it first. Read our Knowledge Base article on How Do I Enable Skype For Business For A User? for more information.
To set up Lync on your Windows Phone 8:
- Start the Lync mobile client and enter the following settings:
- Sign-in address: enter your primary email address.
- Password: enter your mailbox password.
- User name: enter primary email address.
- Auto-detect server: Off
- for admins: HostPilot > Services > Skype for Business > Instructions
- for users: My Services > Collaboration & File Management > Skype for Business