File Sharing for a Cloud Server over a VPN Tunnel. To set up sharing click here. To remove sharing follow these instructions.
To configure basic File Sharing on stand-alone Windows Server 2008 R2 Cloud Server:
- Navigate to Start > Network > Network and Sharing Center > click Advanced sharing settings link.
- Choose the following settings:
Click Save Changes.
- Turn on network discovery
- Turn on file and printer sharing
In Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder you wish to share. Right-click the folder > select Properties.
On the Sharing tab, click the Share… button.
In the File Sharing dialog, add Users or Groups you wish to share the folder with.
Click Share button.
In folder Properties, on the Sharing tab you will now see the folder is being shared. Use the Network Path to connect to this folder.
To remove sharing:
- Navigate to the folder that is being shared. Right-click the folder > select Properties.
- On the Sharing tab, click the Advanced Sharing… button.
- Uncheck Share this folder box > click Ok.
- The folder will no longer be shared with the network.