Q: Which file type are blocked by Desktop sync client (not synchronized)?
- Files starting with ~$ ?.tmp files ?desktop.ini ?thumbs.db
- Files and folders with names that contain the following characters: / or \
- File extensions: .lnk and .lck
- Reserved names: ".", "..", "CON", "PRN", "AUX", "CLOCK$", "NUL", "COM0", "COM1", "COM2", "COM3", "COM4", "COM5", "COM6", "COM7", "COM8", "COM9", "LPT0", "LPT1", "LPT2", "LPT3", "LPT4", "LPT5", "LPT6", "LPT7", "LPT8", "LPT9"
Q: Are Hidden Files and Folders being Synchronized?
- Hidden files should be synced as well as hidden folders.
Q: How long can a file path be?
- Backend file path limit is 750 characters
- Windows environment has file path limitation set to 260 characters. If you create a file in SecuriSync Web Client in a location which has larger path than this number of characters (including the file name), you may see
that overlay iconsdisappeared on your PC for this folder and the created file.
- If you try to move this file from one folder to another via desktop, you may see the following disclaimer:
The file name(s) would be too long for the destination folder. You can shorten the name and try again, or try a location that has a shorter path.
You won't be able to move the file via desktop, use SecuriSync Web Client for that purpose.
- If you try to create a new file in the same folder via desktop, you may see the following disclaimer:
The folder name you are creating is too long.
Try again using a shorter name or create the folder in a location that has a shorter path.
In this case, we do not recommend to create the files in this directory.
Q: Are Microsoft Office temporary files being synchronized?
- When Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc...) opens a file, it will often save a temporary file in the same directory. Office prepends these files with "~$". SecuriSync does not sync these files or any other files whose names start with the tilde and dollar sign.
Q: What configurations are not supported by
- Installation on external hard drive or on mapped network drive
- Installation on Parallels VMs
- Installation on Fusion VMs
- Folder redirection for Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos folders
- Symbolic links for folders included to synchronization: My SecuriSync, Documents and Desktop (even if folder is excluded from sync by policy or not picked up in Folder Selection)
- Multiple users on
localmachine (domain) cannot use the same installation of SecuriSync, even if installed with Admin privileges. Each user needto install desktop client themselves while logged in as user.
- Windows OS
with .NET Framework version earlier than 4. You may update .NET framework using installer from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718
Also, note that some configuration may work for you, but considered unstable. We strongly recommend against this configuration:
- Documents and/or Desktop folder redirected to Network drive
- Documents and/or Desktop folder redirected to Removable
These will cause desktop client
Q: Can I use SecuriSync on external hard drive?
An external hard drive is a portable storage device that can be attached to a computer through a USB, FireWire connection or eSATA. External hard drives are often used to back up computers or serve as a network drive.A flash drive is one common type of external hard drive along with memory hubs and NAS (network-attached storage) drives. We recommend only syncing to a local hard drive. Do not use
desktopSecuriSync client with flash drives, external hard drives, network drives, or any external media.