SecuriSync™ is a cloud service provided by Intermedia that allows you to sync files between multiple computers, SecuriSync Web portal and mobile devices, as well as securely share them with your co-workers and external collaborators.
SecuriSync Onboarding is a process of uploading a bunch of user data into Intermedia SecuriSync server. This article outlines the process of data preparation for SecuriSync ingestion via hard drive shipping.
To transfer the data to Intermedia on a hard drive:
- In the HostPilot for your account enable SecuriSync for users.
To enable SecuriSync for an existing user:
- Log in to HostPilot and navigate to Services > SecuriSync.
- Enable SecuriSync service for a user or users and click Proceed.
To create a new SecuriSync user:
- Log in to HostPilot and navigate to Users.
- Click Create User button.
- Enable SecuriSync service for new user, fill in all the fields and click Create.
- Contact Intermedia Onboarding team to open the data ingestion ticket. Engineer will provide you with the hard drive shipping detailed instructions.
In order for Intermedia to correctly ingest data, folder structure should be organized in the following way:
- Top-level folder should be named as your Account ID (i.e. 1234567).
To obtain Account ID, log in to HostPilot® Control Panel:
- Subfolders should be named as user's Primary Email Address.
Read the Knowledge Base article on What Is My Username And Primary Email Address For My Exchange Mailbox? for more information.
- Send drive to Intermedia as instructed.
- Once Intermedia receive the hard drive, it will be scanned against viruses.
- Onboarging engineer will ingest folder backups into specified user’s file space.
- Upon completion of data ingestion, SecuriSync administrator can assign access permissions to other SecuriSync users.