Occasionally, users might want to password-protect their phones' web interface. In this article you can find the instructions for most common supported phone models.
- Login to the Cisco IP phone web interface using a web browser and click Admin Login, then click Advanced in the top right corner.
- On the System tab under System Configuration you will have the option to set the user and admin passwords:
Once set up, user will need to login into the phone's web interface using the username admin and the password that you set.
- Login to the Polycom IP phone web interface using a web browser.
- Click on Settings > Change Password
If you set the passwords on the phone and forget the password or are otherwise unable to login you will need to perform a factory reset on the phone. This will restore the phone to factory defaults and erase all current settings.
On a Cisco phone press the menu button and then select option 14 factory reset and press ok. When the phone reboots it will need to be reconfigured for Hosted PBX again.
On Polycom phones you will need to use one of the follow key combinations to reset the phone.
- SoundPoint IP 320, 321, 330, 331, 335, 430 and 450 and the SoundStation IP 7000: Press and hold the 1, 3, 5, and 7 dial pad keys in combination.
- SoundPoint IP 301, 501, 550, 600, 601, and 650: Press and hold the hold the 4, 6, 8, and * dialpad keys in combination.
- SoundStation IP 4000 and 6000: Press and hold the keypad’s 6, 8, and * keys in combination.