IIS server of every customer is a separate application. Every application has it's own starting point (also called application root or approot) which is set to separate htdocs directory for each customer. Moreover every application is configured to run as an isolated process (in a separate memory space) which makes them independent of each other completely.
If you need to run several applications separately on your server, you may create additional applications.
The number of applications that could be created is determined by your plan.
- You will have to use Select a Directory link to find a desired directory for your application and press Select.
- Check the option Create Application.
- You can also specify the virtual path to the directory of application if Create Virtual Directory setting is checked.
- Press Create.
You can also create virtual directories for your IIS server which can help you to make shorter path to your real directory.
This can be done in HostPilot Control Panel > Web/FTP Server > Web Server > Applications and Virtual Directories.
Following settings have to be specified for the new virtual directory:
- You will have to use Select a Directory link to find a desired directory and press Select.
- Specify the virtual path to the directory and press Create.
Note: You can also create you application with Microsoft Visual Studio. Following article explins this process: How to create an application on IIS6 for my ASP.NET project using Microsoft Visual Studio.