With McAfee Email Data Loss Protection and Email Continuity, you will:
- Assure complete business continuity with a redundant path to your email.
- Fully eliminate the potential for lost business due to Exchange inaccessibility.
- Be prepared for any contingency or connectivity issue.
- Be sure that all outgoing emails will be filtered as well as incoming, in order to ensure sensitive
information or undetected viruses will not leave users’ outbox.
You can upgrade to this plan go to HostPilot® Control Panel > Services > Email protection > Upgrade.
Requirements to upgrade to McAfee Email Data Loss Protection and Email Continuity:
- Your domain cannot be split.
Note: you need to contact Support in order to enable McAfee DLP and Email Continuity with Encrypted Email service.
McAfee Email Data Loss Protection and Email Continuity has Oubound Filtering and Outbound disclaimer.
The Outbound Disclaimer Setup actions configure disclaimer text for each domain that appears in all outbound emails.
For option definitions, click Help in the interface.
You can enforce secure connection to the server. Please do not delete/change server's IP/url without contacting support.
Domain Keys Identified Mail (DKIM)
Domain Keys Identified Mail (DKIM) is designed to make it difficult for criminals to steal the identities of legitimate organizations. This authentication technology allows senders to “sign” a message to prove it really did come from them. Once the DKIM key has been validated, all outbound email messages will contain the customer’s public DKIM key.
To set up DKIM:
- Login to McAfee Control Console.
- Navigate to Email Protection > Setup > DKIM Setup and click Generate Keys.
- You can now see the values fro creating a new TXT record for your domain. Contact your DNS provider if you need assistance with that.
Here is how the record should look like in this example:
mfedkim._domainkey.detiprotivnarkotikov.ru, TXT, "v=DKIM1;t=s;p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDYlRWfI0WLeCX40LdhA/Cu+zl05DmCj66w5W92lTbpXUgHpGqO/48tvBY/vB3CDPK7NUDWa5cel0u8KDUM8boBlIIVH/KZo1aOfJmDnczsevrykfyFCEQVOdvxHpWR9l9kSheA3JQwT1MMhSH7E+7V9icm168wH4cuxkatflPaawIDAQAB"
- Log back into McAfee Control Console and click Validate and then Activate.
SPF record for Email Data Loss Protection and Email Continuity McAfee plans
If you are maintaining SPF record for your domains, you will need to include the following into your TXT record:
domain.com, TXT, "v=spf1 ptr include:mxlogic.net ~all"
Read the Knowledge Base article on What Is An SPF Record? How Do I Change It? for more information about SPF record.