This article provides instructions on managing Blocked/Allowed Senders Lists for End Users of McAfee Email Protection.
Note: end user Blocked/Allowed Senders lists are available on all Email Protection plans.
To open end-user Email Protection Control Console, log in to My Services and click Email Protection > Manage Email Protection Settings.
To add or remove senders from your user level allow/deny list, please perform the following:
- Click the Allowed Senders or Blocked Senders tab.
- Enter the email address or domain you wish to allow or block.
- Click New.
- Click Apply.
Note: This screen will display the total number of current entries on your Allowed Senders or Blocked Senders list as well as the total number of allowed entries. Each list has a limit of 300 entries.
Note: Domain-level Allow and Deny lists are applied before user-level lists:
- if the sender is in the Allow list in the default policy, but in the Blocked Senders list in the personal, the email will be rejected once the personal list is applied
- if the sender is in the Deny list in the default policy, but in the Allowed Senders list on the user level, the email will be rejected by the Inbound Policy
- if the action for spam with high likelihood is to reject the email (or any other reject action) on the domain level, the user-level allow list will not be applied
- in case the email triggers the quarantine action in the Inbound Policy (domain-level), it will be delivered to Inbox due to personal Allow list settings (without the Quarantine action)