To edit profile settings follow these steps:
- In the Encrypted
- On the profile settings page click on Edit Settings.
Below you will find a description
- From Pattern: The friendly name that will be displayed in the ‘From’ field the message sent from EMG.
- Bounce Pattern: Plaintext message sent to users when their email message triggers a policy and the message is bounced back.
- Message Compression Size Threshold: Attachments for messages whose total size area above this value (in Kilobytes) are compressed and delivered as .zip files. To enable compression for all messages, set this value to 0. To disable compression for all messages, leave this value blank.
- Notify on Encrypt: Notify the sender when a message is successfully encrypted.
- Notify on initial failure: Notify the sender when the first attempt to send a message fails.
- Notify on successful resend: Notify the sender when a message
is successfully resend.
- Notify on failure: Notify the sender when the message cannot be sent.
- Subject Tag: Text that is appended to successfully encrypted messages.
- Email Footer Text: Text that is appended to successfully encrypted messages.
Profile Specific Encryption Settings
- Domain to Domain Routing: EMG routes messages directly between managed domains (a domain that is mapped to a profile), bypassing EMX. This setting can be enabled or disabled at the profile system (all profiles) level.
- TLS Encryption: EMG attempts to establish a Transport-Layer Security (TLS) connection to the receiving domain, and send a clear text message over that connection.
The domains list has two possible functions:
- Disable for listed domains: TLS delivery is disabled for all domains on the list (as well as all Global Blocked Domains).
- Enable for listed domains ONLY: TLS delivery is enabled only for domains on the list.
To add a domain to the list click on Add and enter the domain to the new text box. Each text box can contain only one domain name.
- Encrypted Web Portal: A DC message is delivered to an EMX portal for pickup by the recipient. A web portal message can be picked up in one of two ways:
1. Authenticated pickup: The user must log in with, or create and log in with, a Registered Recipient account. This is the default pickup method.
2. Unauthenticated pickup:
Asstatedin the new message notification email, anyone with the correct message link can view the message. To enable unauthenticated pickup, check the Unauthenticated pickup checkbox.