The Fax Upload application allows you to send any document from your computer to any fax machine and/or to your Fax mailbox.
Note: the Fax Upload application only supports the following operating systems:
- Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32-bit & 64-bit)
This article covers the following topics:
- Downloading Fax Upload Application
- Sending a fax from your computer
- Adding a cover sheet
- Signature and annotation
- Changing your fax account phone number
- Fax Upload Log
To download Fax Upload Application, login to your WebFax number and go to Tools > Fax Upload Application.
- Verify, that you are connected to the Internet.
- Open the document you want to send.
- The file name of the document should not contain any special characters and spaces, and should be less than 40 characters long.
- Go to File > Print.
- In the Print drop-down menu, select Upload New Fax.
- Click on Ok.
- Check the appropriate boxes to send the document to fax machine(s) and/or to your Fax Mailbox.
- Documents sent to fax machine(s) will be received in fax format.
- Documents sent to your Fax Mailbox can be managed via the web. This allows you to forward them to any fax machine, forward via email, or view them as .PDF, TIFF, or .JPG.
- To send a document to one or more fax machines, enter the 10 digit fax number(s) separated with semi-colon, or press CTRL and Enter and enter each fax number on a separate line in a highlited field.
- Click on Send to send document(s) to one or more fax machines and/or to your Fax Mailbox.
Note: Under Fax Account Phone Number field should be actual Webfax number, not the Addon number pointing to the Webfax.
Note: Sending a fax may take up to 3 seconds per page, depending on the size and type of document being faxed and the speed of your Internet connection.
Before sending your document, you can add a cover sheet.
To set up a cover sheet for the first time, follow these steps:
- Go to Cover Sheet tab at the top of the window.
- Fill in your name, company name, phone number and any footer information you want to add (such as confidentiality wording).
Note: All information added will be automatically saved, and will auto-populate into any cover sheet you begin.
To add a cover sheet before sending a document, follow these steps:
- On the Options tab click on Add Cover Sheet.
- Fill the recipient’s name, company name, and the one-line document subject. Add additional comments in the Comments box.
- Click on OK to return to the main options page.
Note: Subject field can't contain more than 40 characters.
Note: If you are sending the document to more than one fax number, the fax numbers will NOT show up in the Fax Number field.
Signature and annotation
You can add your signature or any text annotation to a document you want to send as a fax. To do this, first you must load your signature.
To load a signature follow these steps:
- Write your signature on a blank piece of paper.
- Scan your signature into your computer.
- Use Microsoft Paint to open the file that contains your signature.
- Use the selector tool to highlight your signature (draw a rectangle around it).
- Right click on your signature and select Copy.
- Click Edit.
- Select Copy To.
- In the Save In drop down box, navigate to Program Files/Fax Upload.
- Save your signature and name it SIGNATURE.BMP.
To add a signature or any type of text annotation to a document you wish to send as a fax, follow these steps:
- Click on Add Signature/Annotation.
- Click on Signature and place it where it should appear on the document.
- To Resize the signature - Place your mouse pointer on the boarder, click and drag outward.
- To Move the signature - Right click on the signature, select Move, then move the signature to the desired location.
- To Delete the signature - Right click on the signature then select Delete.
- To add an annotation to your document, click on Annotation then move the annotation icon to where you want the annotation to appear. Begin typing in the field provided.
- To Change Font in the annotation - Highlight the text within the annotation box you wish to change, then right click and choose Font.
- To Move the Annotation - Right click on the annotation, select Move then move the signature to the desired location.
- To Delete the Annotation - Right click on the annotation then select Delete.
- To Preview how your document will look with the signature and/or annotations, click on Preview.
3. Click on Accept Changes.
To preview a fax follow these steps:
- Click on Change.
- Click on Ok.
The Fax Upload Log allows you to view a list of all the documents you have uploaded, as well as all documents you have sent to fax machines and/or to your Fax Mailbox. The Fax Upload Log contains:
- Date and Time Sent.
- Document Name.
- Total number of pages.
- List of Fax Number(s) Sent To.
- Sent to Fax Mailbox (Yes or No).
- Status (Upload Successful/Upload Unsuccessful/Error Message).
To View the Fax Upload Log follow these steps:
- Go to Log tab.
- Click on View Log.