The Fax Upload application allows you to send any document from your computer to any fax machine and/or to your Fax mailbox.
Note: the Fax Upload application only supports the following operating systems:
- Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32-bit & 64-bit)
This article covers the following topics:
- Downloading Fax Upload Application
- Sending a fax from your computer
- Adding a cover sheet
- Signature and annotation
- Changing your fax account phone number
- Fax Upload Log
To download Fax Upload Application, login to your WebFax number and go to Tools > Fax Upload Application.
- Verify, that you are connected to the Internet.
- Open the document you want to send.
- The file name of the document should not contain any special characters and spaces and should be less than 40 characters long.
- Go to File > Print.
- In the Print drop-down menu, select Upload New Fax.
- Click on Ok.
- Check the appropriate boxes to send the document to a fax machine(s) and/or to your Fax Mailbox.
- Documents sent to a fax machine(s) will be received in the fax format.
- Documents sent to your Fax Mailbox can be managed via the web. This allows you to forward them to any fax machine, forward via email, or view them as.PDF, TIFF,
- To send a document to one or more fax machines, enter the 10 digit fax number(s) separated with a semi-colon, or press CTRL and Enter and enter each fax number on a separate line in a highlighted field.
- Click on Send to send a document(s) to one or more fax machines and/or to your Fax Mailbox.
Note: Under Fax Account Phone Number field should be an actual
Note: Sending a fax may take up to 3 seconds per page, depending on the size and type of document being faxed and the speed of your Internet connection.
Before sending your document, you can add a cover sheet.
To set up a cover sheet for the first time, follow these steps:
- Go to Cover Sheet tab at the top of the window.
- Fill in your name, company name, phone number and any footer information you want to add (such as confidentiality wording).
Note: All information added will be automatically saved, and will auto-populate into any cover sheet you begin.
To add a cover sheet before sending a document, follow these steps:
- On the Options tab click on Add Cover Sheet.
- Fill the recipient’s name, company name, and the one-line document subject. Add additional comments in the Comments box.
- Click on OK to return to the main options page.
Note: Subject field can't contain more than 40 characters.
Note: If you are sending the document to more than one fax number, the fax numbers will NOT show up in the Fax Number field.
To load a signature follow these steps:
- Write your signature on a blank piece of paper.
- Scan your signature into your computer.
- Use Microsoft Paint to open the file that contains your signature.
- Use the selector tool to highlight your signature (draw a rectangle around it).
- Right click on your signature and select Copy.
- Click Edit.
- Select Copy To.
- In the Save In
drop-downbox, navigate to Program Files/Fax Upload.
- Save your signature and name it SIGNATURE.BMP.
To add a signature or any type of text annotation to a document you wish to send as a fax, follow these steps:
- Click on Add Signature/Annotation.
- Click on Signature and place it where it should appear on the document.
- To Resize the signature - Place your mouse pointer on the border, click and drag outward.
- To Move the signature - right-click on the signature, select Move, then move the signature to the desired location.
- To Delete the signature - right-click on the signature then select Delete.
- To add an annotation to your document, click on Annotation then move the annotation icon to where you want the annotation to appear. Begin typing in the field provided.
- To Change Font in the annotation - Highlight the text within the annotation box you wish to change, then right-click and choose Font.
- To Move the Annotation - right-click on the annotation, select Move, then move the signature to the desired location.
- To Delete the Annotation - right-click on the annotation then select Delete.
- To Preview how your document will look with the signature and/or annotations, click on Preview.
3. Click on Accept Changes.
To preview a fax follow these steps:
- Click on Change.
- Click on Ok.
The Fax Upload Log allows you to view a list of all the documents you have uploaded, as well as all documents you have sent to fax machines and/or to your Fax Mailbox. The Fax Upload Log contains:
- Date and Time Sent.
- Document Name.
- A total number of pages.
- List of Fax Number(s) Sent To.
- Sent to Fax Mailbox (Yes or No).
- Status (Upload Successful/Upload Unsuccessful/Error Message).
To View the Fax Upload Log follow these steps:
- Go to the Log tab.
- Click on View Log.