- This stub article exists to document how some of the hardware and firmware versions of the WNDR3400, WNDR3700, WNDR4300, & WNDR4500 do not allow disabling DNS relay/proxy, which causes DNS lookup timeouts on Polycom phones. That setting needs to be disabled to prevent intermittent or frequent registration failures.
- Therefore, we do not recommend these routers since their compatibility is hit or miss.
- These routers also come with SIP ALG enabled by default. Some revisions require a firmware upgrade to disable this setting.
- Some revisions and model numbers do not have the option to disable SIP ALG. If the router doesn't have an option to disable this setting, then you or your IT will need to replace it with a serviceable or recommended router.
- Also WAN Pings is disabled by default, which is an optional setting that is needed to allow the router to respond to our Call Quality Monitoring and Troubleshooting Ping Server.
See the article Netgear: Instructions For Many Netgear Routers for instructions.