This article covers DIR-series routers, including but not limited to the EBR-2310, DIR-601, DIR-614, DIR-615, DIR-645, DIR-655, and DIR-855.
- These routers have SIP ALG enabled by default. If you cannot disable SIP ALG, a firmware update is required.
- They also come with DNS relay/proxy enabled, which needs to be disabled to prevent registration failures with Polycom phones.
- Login to your router.*
- Click the Advanced tab at the top of the page > Firewall Settings on the left-hand side of the page & set the following:
- Enable SPI: Leave checked
- Under NAT Filtering, set to UDP Endpoint Filtering to Address Restricted***
- Under NAT Filtering, set to TCP Endpoint Filtering to Address Restricted***
- Enable Anti-Spoof Checking: Leave checked
- RTSP: Leave checked
- SIP: Unchecked
- If you don't have this option, you will need to update the router's firmware to the latest version.
- Intermedia cannot upgrade the firmware for you, but you or your IT can upgrade it or call D-link for help.
- Call D-Link or search for your router on their website.
- Some routers have multiple hardware revisions.
- You will need to check the label on the bottom of the router for this information.
- D-Link revisions are annotated by letter -- example 'Rev. B'.
- If you still don't have the option to uncheck SIP after updating the firmware, then you or your IT will need to replace the router with a compatible one. Intermedia cannot setup the new router for you, but your IT or the manufacturer of your new router can help you. They will need to move settings from the old to the new router to ensure your computers and other devices on the network work properly before calling Intermedia to configure the new router to work with your phones.
- Click Save Settings at the top of the page and click Reboot Later.
- The following optional but recommended step is needed for call quality monitoring and troubleshooting purposes:
- Click on Advanced Network on the left-hand side of the page.
- Under WAN Ping, click the check box next to Enable WAN Ping Respond.
- Set WAN Ping Inbound Filter to Allow All only if you don't have any Deny rules setup under Advanced tab -> Inbound Filter.
- Click Save Settings at the top of the page and click Reboot Later if you need to make the changes in step 4.
- If you don't need to do step 4, then click Reboot Now.
- The steps below are only needed if you have or plan to purchase Polycom phones: This step may cause your computers to lose internet connection, and they may need to be rebooted. Only do this step at a time when you can afford to take your computers offline.
- Go to the Setup tab at the top of the page.
- Click on Internet off to the left-hand side of the page.
- Uncheck the Enable Advanced DNS Service box that's in the middle of the page.
- Not all Dlinks have this option. Move to the next step if your D-Link router doesn't have this option.
- Click Save Settings at the top of the page and select Reboot Later.
- Click on Network Settings off to the left-hand side of the page.
- Go to the middle of the page where it says Router Settings.
- Uncheck the Enable DNS Relay box.
- Click Save Settings and select Reboot Later.
- Click on Internet off to the top left-hand side of the page.
- Click on Manual Internet Connection Setup at the bottom of the page.
- Go down to the bottom of the page where it says Dynamic IP (DHCP) Internet Connection Type.
- Change Primary DNS Address to 220.127.116.11 and Secondary DNS Address to 18.104.22.168
- Click Save Settings at the top of the page and click Reboot.
*Optimum/CableVision customers are no longer able to login to their routers as it will automatically redirect them to Customer Login screen. The solution for Optimum/CableVision customers is to purchase compatible router and replace their D-Link DIR-series and EBR-series with the compatible one.
- Intermedia cannot setup the new router for you, but your IT or the manufacturer of your new router can help you.
- They will need to move settings from the old to the new router to ensure your computers and other devices on the network work properly.
***Don't use 'Endpoint Independent' unless completely necessary. Using Endpoint Independent can break Quickbooks and other network-based applications. 'Address Restricted' ensures traffic for a phone is passed onto the correct device that's requesting it.