- The DHCP server on this device has known software issues that causes devices to lose their IP and get a new IP frequently.
- Arris may release a new firmware that resolves this problem, but the Arris gateway is a problem because there's no way to disable SIP ALG on this modem.
- Login into the Arris gateway.
- Click on Firewall tab at the top of the page > Firewall Settings > Do the following:
- Firewall: Leave checked
- DoS Attack Protection Firewall: Leave checked
- This optional step is needed for call quality monitoring and troubleshooting purposes.
- Ping Blocking: Uncheck
- Block Fragmented IP Packets: Leave checked
- SIP: Uncheck
- Depending on the firmware version of you Arris gateway, you may or may not have this option.
- If you do not, you will need to call your ISP to have them upgrade the gateway's firmware to the latest version.
- Click Apply to save.
- Click on LAN Setup tab > Do the following:
- Under DNS Override, check Enable DNS Override.
- In the Primary DNS IP field > enter 18.104.22.168
- For the Secondary DNS IP > enter 22.214.171.124
- Uncheck Enable DNS Relay
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page > click Apply
If any of the above options are not present then purchase a recommended router:
- Purchase a Recommended Router if you do not have one already.
- Intermedia cannot setup the new router for you, but your IT or the manufacturer of your new router can help you.
- Call your Cable ISP to bridge your internet gateway to your new router.
- Note: It is at the discretion of the ISP, whether or not they will allow the modem to be bridged. If they choose to deny the request, then the above resolution will apply.