- Even with the software firewall disabled, the router still intermittently closes NAT bindings that are idle for less than 15 seconds.
- This affects Polycom and Vertical phones the most because the NAT keep-alive packets on those phones are set to send a packet every 15 seconds to keep their connection through the firewall open.
- Setting the NAT keep-alive on the phones to 5 seconds prevents the router from closing the phone's open connection, but it is not a permanent solution because this setting change does not persistent when the phone is rebooted.
- Login to gateway
- Go to Firewall Settings > Select No Security (None) > Save
- Go to Advanced > Click Yes to warning > Click on ALG > uncheck SIP > Save
- Buy a recommended or serviceable router if you do not have one already.
- Then you will need to call your ISP to bridge the Ubee to your compatible router.
- Intermedia cannot setup the new router for you, but your IT or the manufacturer of your new router can help you.
- They will need to move settings from the old to the new router to ensure your computers and other devices on the network work properly.