- SIP ALG is enabled and can be disabled by going to a hidden page.
- DNS proxy/relay cannot be disabled via the web interface or Telnet, causing DNS resolution timeouts. This causes Polycom phones to intermittently failure to registering, causing many call and feature failures.
- Find out the IP address of the Cisco router. The default address is 192.168.1.254'
- Paste the following into the address bar of any web browser on a computer that is on the same network as your phones:
- It should load a hidden router page > Uncheck SIP Enabled > click Save/Apply
- The steps below are required only if you have or plan to purchase Polycom phones.
- You will still experience intermittent registration failures on only Polycom phones until the steps below are completed.
- If you do not own or plan to purchase Polycom phones, your gateway is compatible and does not need to be replaced.
- Contact your ISP to see if they can replace this gateway with a compatible gateway.
- If they cannot, then bridge the gateway to a serviceable or recommended router.