- SIP ALG is enabled on this device and cannot be disabled from the web interface or from Telnet. This causes intermittent phone one-way audio and call control issues.
- Also the software firewall intermittently blocks the phones' and fax adapters' NAT Binding/Keep Alive messages when the security level on the firewall is set above NAT Only. This causes intermittent call/fax and registration failures on Intermedia devices.
- Login to the gateway
- Click on Advanced Setup > Firewall > set Firewall Security Level to NAT Only > click Apply
- This step is only needed if you have or plan to purchase Polycom phones.
- Click on Advanced Setup
- Under IP Addressing on the left-hand side of the page > click on LAN IP And DHCP Settings
- Under DNS > select Use Specificed DNS Servers > set the following:
- Primary DNS: 220.127.116.11
- Secondary DNS: 18.104.22.168
- Click Apply
- Buy a separate serviceable or recommended router if you do not have one already.
- Intermedia cannot setup the new router for you, but your IT or the manufacturer of your new router can help you. They will need to move settings from the old to the new router to ensure your computers and other devices on the network work properly.
- Call Verizon to bridge the Actiontec gateway to your new router.