- This stub article exists to document how the latest firmware version 1.0.45NA as of 4/2/14 does allow disabling DNS relay/proxy, which causes DNS lookup timeouts on Polycom phones. That setting needs to be disabled to prevent intermittent or frequent phone registration failures.
- Therefore, we do not recommend this router since it's compatibility can be hit or miss, depending on what firmware version you are using.
- This routers also come with SIP ALG enabled by default.
- Also WAN Pings is disabled by default, which is an optional setting that is needed to allow the router to respond to our Call Quality Monitoring and Troubleshooting Ping Server.
- Perform the changes in the article Netgear: Instructions For Many Netgear Routers.
- If SIP ALG and DNS proxy/relay still cannot be disabled after making the changes and upgrading the router's firmware:
- Then you will need to replace your Netgear router with a different serviceable or recommended router if you do not have one already.
- Intermedia cannot setup the new router for you, but your IT or the manufacturer of your new router can help you.
- They will need to move settings from the old to the new router to ensure your computers and other devices on the network work properly.