- This stub article exists to document how even after SIP ALG is disabled and other necessary Netgear changes are made, this router drops RTP (voice/fax audio) on incoming calls/faxes. This causes intermittent fax failures or incoming calls resulting in one-way audio or dead air right after answering.
- Many firmware versions have DNS relay/proxy enabled by default, which causes DNS lookup timeouts on Polycom phones. That setting needs to be disabled to prevent intermittent or frequent phone registration failures.
- Therefore, we do not recommend this router since it's compatibility can be hit or miss, depending on what firmware version you are using.
- This routers also come with SIP ALG enabled by default.
- Also WAN Pings is disabled by default, which is an optional setting that is needed to allow the router to respond to our Call Quality Monitoring and Troubleshooting Ping Server.
- Perform the changes in the article Netgear: Instructions For Many Netgear Routers.
- Replace your Netgear router with a different serviceable or recommended router if you do not have one already.
- Intermedia cannot setup the new router for you, but your IT or the manufacturer of your new router can help you.
- They will need to move settings from the old to the new router to ensure your computers and other devices on the network work properly.