- This stub article exists to document how many firmware versions that this router uses have DNS relay/proxy enabled by default, which causes DNS lookup timeouts on Polycom phones. That setting needs to be disabled to prevent intermittent or frequent phone registration failures.
- Therefore, we do not recommend this router since it's compatibility can be hit or miss, depending on what firmware version you are using.
- This routers also come with SIP ALG enabled by default.
- Also WAN Pings is disabled by default, which is an optional setting that is needed to allow the router to respond to our Call Quality Monitoring and Troubleshooting Ping Server.
- The WNDR3800CH is a version of the WNDR3800 with a custom firmware just for Charter Cable customers.
- Only Charter Cable can upgrade the firmware.
- As of 4/04/14, it does not allow disabling DNS proxy/relay, causing DNS lookup timeouts on Polycom phones.
- As of 04/04/14, it also has a known software issue that sets the MTU to 1482 or lower when it should be set to 1500. This causes strange phone and fax adapter issues, including registration, call/fax, and feature failures.
- Perform the changes in the article Netgear: Instructions For Many Netgear Routers.
- Replace your Netgear router with a different serviceable or recommended router if you do not have one already.
- Intermedia cannot setup the new router for you, but your IT or the manufacturer of your new router can help you.
- They will need to move settings from the old to the new router to ensure your computers and other devices on the network work properly.