- DNS server addresses need to be changed to set of efficient DNS servers, like Google's DNS or another DNS, to prevent intermittent registration failures on Polycom phones.
- WAN ping response to our Call Quality Monitoring and Troubleshooting Servers, 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199, needs to be enabled.
- Log in to the router.
- Go to Setup > Basic Setup and change the following:
- Static DNS 1: 188.8.131.52
- Static DNS 2: 184.108.40.206
- Firewall Protection: Enable.
- Block Anonymous Internet Requests: Unchecked.
- This optional step is needed for call quality monitoring and troubleshooting purposes.
- Filter Multicast: Checked.
- Filter Internet NAT Redirection: Checked.
- Filter IDENT (Port 113): Checked.
- Click on Save Settings.