- DNS server addresses need to be changed to set of efficient DNS servers, like Google's DNS or another DNS, to prevent intermittent registration failures on Polycom phones.
- WAN ping response to our Call Quality Monitoring and Troubleshooting Servers needs to be enabled.
- The custom DD-WRT firmware allows many incompatible WRT54G-series routers to become compatible.
- However, Intermedia cannot install the custom firmware on your router for you.
- A demo of the DD-WRT interface can be found here.
- Perform the stanard DD-WRT router changes to make these routers compatible.
- Make sure your router model is stable with DD-WRT by reviewing the table below.
- If your model is not supported or stable with by DD-WRT:
- Replace your router with a different serviceable or recommended router if you do not have one already.
- Intermedia cannot setup the new router for you, but your IT or the manufacturer of your new router can assist you.
- They will need to move settings from the old to the new router to ensure your computers and other devices on the network work properly.
Model Hardware Version Supported?
v1.0 yes WRT54G v1.1 yes WRT54G v2.0 yes WRT54G v2.2 yes WRT54G v3.0 yes WRT54G v3.1 yes WRT54G v4.0 yes WRT54G v5.0 yes WRT54G v5.1 yes WRT54G v6.0 yes WRT54G v7.0 not possible WRT54G v7.2 yes WRT54G v8.0 yes WRT54G v8.1 yes WRT54G v8.2 yes WRT54G-LA v8 yes WRT54G-RG ? yes WRT54G-TM ? yes WRT54G2 1 yes WRT54G2 1.1 yes WRT54G2 1.3 yes WRT54G2 1.5 not possible WRT54GC ? not possible WRT54GL 1.0/1.1 yes WRT54GP2A-AT ? wip WRT54GR ? not possible WRT54GS v1.0 yes WRT54GS v1.1 yes WRT54GS v2.0 yes WRT54GS v2.1 yes WRT54GS v3.0 yes WRT54GS v4.0 yes WRT54GS v5.0 / v5.1 yes WRT54GS v6.0 yes WRT54GS v7.0 yes WRT54GS v7.2 yes WRT54GS2 1 yes WRT54GX 1 not possible WRT54GX v2 not possible WRT54GX2 ? not possible WRT54GX4 ? not possible