- SIP ALG may be enabled by default -- more testing is needed. Please contact Intermedia Cloud Voice Technical Support so we can run some tests to see if this device does have SIP ALG.
- The default Verizon DNS servers may cause intermittent DNS lookup timeouts, causing Polycom phones to lose registration.
- These steps are only needed if you have or plan to purchase Polycom phones and you are using your Verizon gateway as your DHCP server.
- These changes may take all your computers and phones offline for 15 or more minutes.
- Make sure to do these steps only when you can afford to lose internet connection.
- Login to the Verizon gateway.
- Go to Advanced Setup -> DHCP Settings -> enter the following:
- DNS 1: 188.8.131.52
- DNS 2: 184.108.40.206
- Click Apply to save your changes.
- Reboot all phones and computers to clear their DNS cache so they can reconnect to the internet.
- SIP ALG may be enabled by default -- more testing is needed.
- Please contact Intermedia Cloud Voice Technical Support so we can run some tests to see if this device does have SIP ALG.
If any of the above options are not present then purchase a recommended router:
- Purchase a Recommended Router if you do not have one already.
- Intermedia cannot setup the new router for you, but your IT or the manufacturer of your new router can help you. They will need to move settings from the old to the new router to ensure your computers and other devices on the network work properly.
- Regarding DSL connections, you will need the "PPoE" username and password.
- Call Verizon to bridge your internet gateway to your new router.
- Note: It is at the discretion of the ISP, whether or not they will allow the modem to be bridged. If they choose to deny the request, then the above resolution will apply.