There are two types of forwarding available for your desk phone:
- FollowMe forwarding that is set up online in your Admin Portal.
- Forwarding that is set up locally, on the phone.
FollowMe forwarding allows you to forward calls to several numbers simultaneously and after specified number of rings to return the call to the voicemail box of your phone. However FollowMe forwarding doesn't allow to forward calls conditionally: when you are on another call or in case if you are not answering. For this local forwarding should be used.
In order to forward calls using FollowMe forwarding follow the steps below:
- Login to Admin Portal> Navigate to Services> Voice Services> Numbers&Extensions> Click on the direct dial number of the phone> More Settings> FollowMe Forwarding.
- Switch radio button to Forward calls to.
- Choose the desired option: either to specific phone number or to multiple phone numbers at the same time.
- Enter the destination phone number or use the stored numbers if you have them pre-entered.
- If you have chosen multiple phone numbers specify the number of rings before call will timeout to voicemail box of your extension.
- Hit Save changes.
In case if you are using this feature pretty often and if you are using the same numbers to forward calls to it makes sense to save the numbers to avoid entering them over and over again. To proceed navigate to the Settings tab and enter the number for Office and/or for Home:
After that you won't need to re-enter the number each time, you will be choosing the desired number from the drop down.
Local forwarding doesn't allow forwarding to several numbers simultaneously and doesn't allow the call to return to voicemail box of your phone - the call end up in voicemail box of the number to which calls are forwarded.
In order to forward calls from your desk phone to another destination follow the steps below:
- Choose in which cases calls should be forwarded: when you are not answering, when you are on another line or always.
- Consider the fact that No answer and Busy forwarding are the settings that allow call to go to the voicemail. Normally, when there is no forwarding enabled on the phone, under Forward on Busy and Forward on No Answer you will see your desk phone direct dial number. In case if you are prepared to the fact that call will never return to your Intermedia voicemail box and end up in voicemail box of the number to which you want calls to be forwarded to, proceed further.
- Depending on the model of the phone instructions for changing the forwarding are different. Check the Owner Manual for specific instructions applying to the model of the phone that you have.
- As soon as you no longer need the forwarding change the number under Forward on Busy, Forward on no answer back to phone direct dial number and disable Always Forward.