Your Intermedia HostPilot allows you to move a device or entire phone system to a new address.
Important: Before you move the device or phone system, it is critical that you change the address of the device or phone system in your HostPilot. The device or phone system must be installed at the address displayed within the HostPilot. If you make a 911 call this is the address that will be
provided to the 911 emergency center, if the emergency center is so equipped.
To change the 911 address of the device:
- Log in to your HostPilot
- Go to Services > Voice Services
- Open Devices tab, then click on the device you wish to edit
- Select the 911 Address tab.
- Enter the new address in the Address Fields provided.
- Wait for the web page to confirm that the address is within the Intermedia coverage area.
- If the phone is associated with other hardware (for example, it is a wireless phone with a base unit), or if the Line type is set to Shared, check the box Update for all shared line phones and base units at this location.
- Unplug the device and move it to the new location