CallScape 3.0 User Guide
Table of Contents
CallScape 3.0 is the latest version of CallScape from Intermedia with the CallScape Outlook plugin.
CallScape 3.0 augments Intermedia’s HPBX system by allowing you to:
- Place calls from CallScape by double-clicking, dragging a contact onto the dial pad, using links to phone numbers in
webbrowser, or using the Outlook plugin to call directly from Outlook.
- Transfer calls to other users in your company. Both attended and blind transfer
- Monitor the status of your phone system and see who’s on the phone, who’s available and which phones are "offline".
- Pick up calls to other users and get
a notificationsfor inbound calls to monitored users.
- Receive notification of new voicemails and log into TeleWeb to listen to your voice messages.
- Click to call from a list of favorites. Save some of your contacts as favorites for easy and fast access, or create your own contacts.
- Automatically launch Salesforce or eAgent (or any other page in the browser) when a call comes in.
CallScape 3.0 brings many improvements over CallScape 2.0, including:
- A fresh, new style
- The new User View
- Integrated Outlook plug-in
- Integrated Outlook address book
- Private contact import and contact lists
CallScape 3.0 is compatible with:
|Operating Systems||Windows 10||Windows 8.1||Windows 8||Windows 7||Windows XP (x64)||Windowx XP SP3 (x32)||Mac OSX|
|Email clients||Outlook 2010||Outlook 2013|
|Phones (click-to-call and transfer features)||Polycom SoundPoint IP Series||Polycom VVX Series||Cisco Desk Phones||Yealink Desk Phones|
CallScape 3.0 CAN NOT be used on devices using wireless transmitters/receivers. There is no exception to this rule due to wireless transmitters/receivers generate a seperate subnet. We CAN NOT change the wireless transmitter to work on the existing network's IP range, nor can we set the router to transmit out the range that the wireless transmitter sends out. We also CAN NOT set the wireless transmitter as a complete bridge that doesn't generate its own IP address. These attempts WILL cause DHCP conflicts.
Additionally, Mac OSX CallScape 3.0 will not support Yealink Desk phones. Yealink Desk Phone support appears in CallScape version 3.0.65 or higher
CallScape 3.0 is installed via a standalone installer package.
Download and run the CallScapeSetup.exe file. In order to install CallScape 3.0 please proceed through the following Installation Wizard screens:
- Click ‘Next’ on Welcome message screen:
- Accept the license agreement and click 'Next' if you agree with the license notes, otherwise click 'Cancel' or 'Back'.
- Select the folder where CallScape 3.0 will be installed or use default and Click 'Next'.
- To confirm installation, click the Install button. You may also click the Back button to change settings, or the Cancel button to stop installation.
5. To log in, enter your phone's 10-digit telephone number and your voicemail PIN.
After installation, three new menu items will be added to 'Start Menu':
o 'Enable CallScape for Outlook',
o 'Disable CallScape for Outlook'
o ‘Update CallScape’
CallScape Outlook plug-in is installed and automatically enabled during the installation of CallScape 3.0.
If you want to disable CallScape Outlook plug-in, use menu item 'Disable CallScape Outlook Plug-in' that will immediately appear under 'Start' menu after installation of CallScape 3.0.
If the Outlook application is running during the installation, a message asking to restart Outlook to complete plug-in installation will be displayed. Click 'OK'.
You can easily uninstall CallScape 3.0 via Control Panel => Programs and Features.
If CallScape 3.0 and/or Outlook are running, you will be notified that these applications should be closed before the uninstall process begins.
Navigation buttons have moved to the top of CallScape 3.0. Use the following features to find what you need.
- The settings button, which looks like a gear, will open the Settings Panel, which will provide access to:
- My Account – opens the TeleWeb for your HPBX phone
- Dialpad – allows for the dialing of phone numbers
- Settings – opens the Settings pane
- Online Help – opens the CallScape website in a web browser
- About – displays the About pane
- Logout – logs out of the current CallScape session
- The Search Panel allows for searching for specific names or phone numbers within your company.
- The Message Waiting Indicator will indicate to you when you have new voicemails, and clicking the indicator button will open your TeleWeb in a web browser.
The User View is useful for you if you:
Are atypical employee at a desk with a computer and a phone.
- Do not deal with large volumes of calls.
- Want to get notification of incoming calls and determine
statusof your coworkers.
How to use the User View:
- The User View displays contacts in a list.
- The User View supports different sources:
- All company contacts.
- All Outlook contacts.
- All private contacts.
- Phone's status shown on User View:
- Idle – green.
- In-use – red.
- Offline - gray.
The Receptionist view is useful for you if you:
- Are responsible for answering all incoming calls to a company.
- Deal with a very large volume of incoming calls and efficiency and rapid transaction time on each call is very important
- Want to view the busy/idle status of all employees simultaneously without needing to do searches.
How to use the Receptionist View:
- The Receptionist View displays contacts in a table.
- The Receptionist View contains only HPBX phones.
- The phone's status is shown on User View:
- Idle - green
- Ringing - blue
- In-use - red
- Offline - gray
The Dialpad is available through the 'Settings' menu or by using the 'Ctrl + D' shortcut.
How to use the Dialpad:
- To dial a number you may:
- Type the number in via your keyboard.
- Enter the number via the
dialpadusing your mouse.
- Copy and paste a number from another application.
- Drag and drop a number from another application.
- Click on a Tel link in
webbrowser or email.
- When typing, using copy & paste, or drag & drop, the following characters only will be accepted by the Dialpad:
- When using copy & paste or drag & drop phone number, different formats are supported. E.g. the following formats are supported:
- (123) 456 7899
- 123 456 7899
CallScape offers two easy to use methods to transfer in-progress calls.
- Call Transfer feature is only supported with Polycom,
Ciscoand Yealink desk phones. You can transfer call to any other extension or outside number,if that number is added to contacts list in your
- You can transfer
callto any other extension or outside number if that number is added to contactslist in your CallScape application.
Press Transfer button on top of
Wait for the extension called to answer and announce the call before pressing
Right-click the name of the user you want to transfer the call to and press Transfer button. Follow the instructions above to complete a warm or a cold transfer
Call Monitoring and Pickup
To choose the extensions you wish to monitor, go to Settings > Monitoring. You can receive a sound alert when there's an incoming call to a monitored extension.
Settings are available through the 'Settings' menu item or via the 'Ctrl + S' shortcut.
You are able to configure general application settings or customize user or receptionist view.
The General settings tab allows you to modify the behavior of CallScape 3.0.
Enable alert displays - this option enables or disables CallScape’s ability to show you who is calling in the lower right corner of your screen.
Enable sounds - this option enables or disables CallScape sounds
Screen Pop - this allows you to enter
Screen Pop automatically for all incoming calls - this option forces the screen pop on any inbound call.
Always on top - causes CallScape to always display on top of your other programs
Dialpad always on top - Causes the Dialpad to always display on top of your other programs.
Use Ctrl+Shift+S to open CallScape - pressing Ctrl+Shift+S will bring CallScape windows on top if this option is enabled
Start CallScape when I start Windows - this will automatically start CallScape when you log into Windows.
Automatic Login - this will automatically sign you into
Enable Logging - this option enables logging to assist with troubleshooting issues.
Enable Click-to-Call from websites - enables dialing using Tel protocol
The User View settings allow you to modify the behavior of the User View.
My Contacts - makes the ‘My Contacts’ section visible in the User View.
Your Company Name - this will display the name of your HPBX account. This toggle will turn on and off your company contacts from displaying in the User view.
Hide unregistered company phones - this option will remove phones that are not functioning or plugged in from the User View.
Hides contacts without
Hide contacts without number - this option will remove phones from the User View that have no phone number.
Sort contacts in
Import contacts from plain comma-separated file - CallScape allows you to import contacts within
Import file must
One line per contact within the file
Each line should be formatted as:
Duplicates and invalid formatting will be rejected
E.G. John, Doe, 2065551212
Additional groups may show up in the ‘Visible contact groups’ section in the User View settings. This will occur after you have installed the Outlook plug-in and your outlook contacts have synchronized with CallScape. CallScape will acquire the following
Outlook Contacts (will display as ‘Contacts’)
Contacts associated with any of your Outlook mailboxes
Sort by name or Add to top - this option allows you to determine the sort of the Favorites
Clear favorites - this button allows you to delete all contacts marked as favorites from the Favorites section.
Keep history - this option allows you to select for how long you wish CallScape to keep recent call history which shows up
Max One Day
Max One Week
Max Two Weeks
Max One Month
The Receptionist View settings section allows you to change the behavior of the Receptionist View.
Sort Receptionist View by - this
Hide unregistered company phones - this option allows you to remove inoperable phones from the Receptionist View.
Tile Size - this option allows you to increase or decrease the size of the tiles, for ease of reading, in the Receptionist View.
By selecting or deselecting phones in this section, you may construct the ‘My Group’ section, which is a custom set of phones within your company that you wish to monitor.
The Monitoring Settings allows you to Pickup calls ringing on a monitored phone. Additionally, you can choose to receive a sound alert whenever there's an incoming call to a monitored phone.
When you receive an incoming call from outside your company, you can configure CallScape to either automatically or upon request open (pop) a browser to a pre-defined URL. You can configure the calling party's number as a parameter to the URL.
This feature is very useful
For Salesforce, you must be logged into your Salesforce account and allow the Screen Pop to operate with CallScape. You will need to use an appropriate Salesforce search string to the CallScape Screen Pop URL. Substitute %callers_number% in the position where the phone number should be placed in the search string.
For eAgent, you will need to obtain the Screen Pop URL corresponding to your eAgent account. This URL can be accessed by logging into eAgent at www.eagent.net with your eAgent credentials.
- Login to your eAgent Portal
- Click Setup, and then click VoIP Integration;
- Select 'Lightspeed Voice' from the list;
- Copy the URL authentication string that is provided in the box, it will look something like this:
- Open CallScape
- Navigate to the General Settings;
- Paste the URL authentication string you copied above into the CallScape Screen Pop URL text box
- Add the following to the end of the text string in the CallScape URL text box: %callers_number%
- Click 'Save changes'
To enable click-to-call from Skype for Business, go to CallScape > Settings > Enable click-to-call from Skype for Business.
Once you see the confirmation pop-up, restart Skype for Business.
To dial a Skype for Business contact, right-click it and choose Call with CallScape.
The contact's email address will be searched in your CallScape contacts. Note that Outlook synchronization must be enabled for it to return results. Once you see the search results, press Call button to place a call.