Q: My phone does not have power or does not turn on.
- Ensure that you are using the correct power adapter for the phone
- Power cycle the phone for 30 seconds
- Do the swap test with the adapter/electrical outlet that is known to be working.
Q: Everything is connected correctly but I can’t make or receive calls. What should I do?
- Ensure that you are using a good, working RJ-45 Ethernet cable
- Visually inspect the cable for any obvious damage
- Do the swap test with a cable that is known to be working
- Ensure that correct ports are being used
- Reseat both ends of Ethernet cable
- Power cycle the phone
- Check the Link Light, if applicable. Even if the Link Light only flashes intermittenly, that still indicates a good connection
- Confirm that you have activated your lines of service. You can do so by logging into your Host Pilot, clicking “Voice Services” and then clicking “Activation.”
- Confirm that there are no configuration settings in your devices preventing the phone from successfully connecting to your Local Area Network. Such as:
- VLAN settings
- Port security
- PoE settings
- If this does not resolve the issue, contact Customer Service at 877-357-0750 for additional assistance.
Q: A phone or base station is broken. Can I exchange it?
- Call 877-357-0750 and let us know what was damaged. We will immediately ship you a replacement. (Within 30 days of this notification, ship the damaged unit back to us, to avoid a charge for the piece of damaged equipment). This warranty covers equipment failure not caused by customer misuse or damage (e.g. coffee spills, dropping and shattering the phone, etc.)
Q: I need to change my internet service provider. What do I do and how do I qualify it?
- Your Digital Phone Service has been configured to work with your current ISP. For further assistance, you may contact customer service at 877-357-0750. Once your new internet is up and running, please contact us and we will conduct a bandwidth test for you to be sure your internet service is of sufficient quality to support Digital Phone Service before we redirect your numbers to this new circuit.
Q: I’m moving. What do I do about my Hosted Phone Service?
- Your Digital Phone Service may be moved from your current location to a new location that also has an existing internet connection. We will conduct a bandwidth test for you to be sure that your new internet service is of sufficient quality to support Digital Phone Service and ensure your new address will support enhanced 911 services. Contact Customer Service at 877-357-0750 on the date of the move.
Q: What happens to my phone service if the power is out or the internet is down?
- Your Auto Attendant will continue to route calls as it is set up until it reaches the timeout setting. If your Auto Attendant times out to a desk phone (extension), calls will go to that extension's failover routing.
- Failover routing is a feature installed in your Hosted PBX phones. By default, if someone dials a phone's Direct Dial Number while the phones are down, the call will go to voicemail on that desk phone.
- You can also configure the failover routing to go to another phone number, such as a cell phone, so that calls that come in roll over to that number. To configure your failover routing, click the “Numbers and Extensions” tab in your Hosted PBX Admin Portal and then click on the phone's ID number (hyperlinked next to the extension) and click on “Failover Routing.”
- Note: Failover routing is customizable per phone extension. The Auto Attendant, unless it provides a way to route calls to specific extensions, will override the setup of the failover routing.
Q: I am experiencing poor audio quality when making or receiving a call. What causes this and what can I do about this?
- Please call our customer service at 877-357-0750 or click here for troubleshooting tips: Voice Troubleshooting Quick Links