Intermedia recommends Buffalo DD-WRT routers for small business environments and home office use.
DD-WRT is an open source Linux based platform that's feature rich and freely available for use with many commercial grade routers. For more information about the DD-WRT community, check out their website.
While routers that can be converted to run the DD-WRT firmware will work fine with our VOIP products, Intermedia does not provide support for flashing a router with DD-WRT. Intermedia suggests that if you're uncomfortable with changing the firmware on your router and would like a cost-effective yet reliable router for use with our VOIP products, we advise purchasing a Buffalo DD-WRT router because this special firmware comes pre-installed.
Buffalo AirStation HighPower N600 Gigabit Dual Band Open Source DD-WRT Wireless Router (WZR-600DHP)
- Buffalo routers are known for their high-quality and wireless network reliability.
- Make sure you do not get a Buffalo router with stock firmware! Those have not been tested and are not nearly as feature rich as those provided by the open source DD-WRT firmware!
- Please ensure that you do NOT purchase the "DD-WRT NXT" version of the software. This is a stripped down version of DD-WRT with far less robust configuration settings.
- These routers have Advanced Bandwidth Control, which were effective at resolving call quality problems due to bandwidth overutilization.
- None at this time. If you are having problems with your Buffalo router, please contact Buffalo technical support.
- Do only the "Temporary Resolution" section in the article DD-WRT: Routers running the DD-WRT firmware.