- SIP ALG is enabled by default and must be disabled, this is a setting which causes intermittent call & phone feature failures.
- Must change the DHCP DNS servers, inefficient DNS servers causes Polycom phones to intermittently lose registration.
- This router doesn't have any bandwidth management controls.
- Telnet to the router using a telnet client such as PuTTY.
- DISCLAIMER: AT&T DOES NOT SUPPORT ENABLING TELNET ON THEIR ROUTERS AND THIS RESOLUTION IS NOT GUARANTEED TO WORK. These routers are NOT recommended, Intermedia will suggest the recommended resolution below in lieu of the following!
- The extensive user manual for this router can help you with any extra commands you may want to use.
- telnet 192.168.1.254
- <enter the device access code, you'll have to authenticate>
- set ip alg sip-enable off
- set ip dns primary-address 126.96.36.199
- set ip dns secondary-address 188.8.131.52
- set ip dns proxy-enable off
- set conn name WAN icmp-echo-drop off
- set security firewall-level low
- you should see no errors
If any of the above options are not present then purchase a recommended router:
- Purchase a Recommended Router if you do not have one already.
- Intermedia cannot setup the new router for you, but your IT or the manufacturer of your new router can help you. They will need to move settings from the old to the new router to ensure your computers and other devices on the network work properly.
- Recommended Routers.
- Recommended Switches.
- Recommended LAN Configurations.
- Network Ports and Protocols for HPBX phones.
- AT&T instructions for placing the NVG589 into pass-through mode.
- DSL Reports