Note: If you need more than 4 ports on your router, you need to purchase a switch in addition to the router. We do not recommend any router that has more than 4 ports - most 8 and 16 port routers are incompatible. Also, it is not recommended to use a router in place of a switch (E.g., to have a router behind the main router solely for the purpose of 'adding more ports').
The most economical switch options are D-Link products, but keep in mind there are many competitively priced switches out there!
- D-Link DES-1005 - 5 Ports 10/100
- D-Link DES-1008 - 8 Ports 10/100
- D-Link DGS-1005 - 5 Ports Gigabit
- D-Link DGS-1008 - 8 Ports Gigabit
- Netgear GS-105E - 5 Ports Gigabit
- Netgear GS-108E - 8 Ports Gigabit
- Netgear GS-116E - 16 Ports Gigabit
Any un-managed switch will do. If it does not say managed switch or Layer-3, then it is an
Please note, the Netgear switches listed above, fall into a new
Software for "Semi-Managed" switches must be downloaded from the vendor's website and installed by the customer,
These are available at most local department stores, such as OfficeDepot, Staples, Best Buy, and Target. They can also easily be purchased online.
Please note that managed switches can be