Router/Gateway Compatibility Status Types and Explanations
|Router/Gateway Status Type:
These devices meet all our of Router/Gateway Requirements,
However, Recommended Routers have a robust Bandwidth Management (BWM) system that effectively aids in preventing call and fax quality issues.
Serviceable Gateways (Modems).
|These devices meet all our of Router/Gateway Requirements,
However, these devices either do not have Bandwidth Management (BWM) or lack an effective BWM system, causing the router to be unable to prevent call and fax quality issues.
As long as you are not experieincing call & fax quality issues, these devices will work well.
|Devices Needing More Information.
||These routers/gateways may or may not be compatible.
We are missing information on one or more of the Router/Gateway Requirements needed to determine if a router/gateway with status is compatible or not.
|Devices That Are Not Recommended.
These routers/gateways are not completely Incompatible.
- They can be made Serviceable but it is difficult to do so.
- We dissuade our customers from purchasing them. They have either poor hardware or have on-going software issues that cause intermittent phone equipment problems.
- Customers commonly purchase these devices when far more economical, effective, and much more reliable alternatives exist.
- Unless the manufacturer improves the software or hardware on these routers/gateways, we want to continue to dissuade our customers from purchasing them.
Incompatible Gateways (Modems).
These devices either:
- Do not meet one or more of our Router/Gateway Requirements,
- Have many software issues that the manufacturer refuses to resolve and where no workarounds exist,
- Or they have known hardware issues that cannot be resolved.