If you face issues with PC Backup installation process follow the troubleshooting steps below:
- Make sure user is entering correct License Key.
- Check port 443 is not being blocked.
- Run .EXE as Administrator.
- Make sure machine is able to reach PC Backup servers: perform trace route to client.mozy.com. If server cannot be reached, turn OFF any restrictive applications like antiviruses or any other protection apps which may block the connection. Add C:\Program Files\PC Backup and its files to exception list.
- Go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\. Make sure services file exists or has not be renamed. Verify the following lines exist, add them if they don't:
https 443/tcp MCom #HTTP over TLS/SSL
https 443/udp MCom #HTTP over TLS/SSL
- Open regedit: Start > in Run field type in regedit. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\ and change the value for DataBasePath from: %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
If you still not able to install PC Backup software on your machine, contact Support and provide the following information:
- OS you have tried to install PC Backup on;
- Get Started Email with activation key and password;
- any errors from Event Viewer: Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tool > Event Viewer.