- SIP ALG is enabled by default and Verizon has not provided a method for the end user to disable SIP ALG. It is not known if Verizon has the capability to disable SIP ALG remotely.
- DNS servers need to be configured to a set of efficient DNS servers in order to prevent issues with registration on Polycom phones.
- Log in to the router.
- Change the DHCP DNS servers (Polycom only)
- Click on My Network > Network Connections > Edit icon next to Network (Home/Office) > Settings > Change DNS Server the drop-down box to Use the Following DNS Server Addresses > Enter the following:
- Primary DNS Server: 18.104.22.168
- Secondary DNS Server: 22.214.171.124
- Click Apply to Save
- They will need to see if the log shows the phone's Primary DNS server as 126.96.36.199 or not.
- Buy a Recommended Router if you do not have one already.
- Our list of recommended devices can be found here.
- Intermedia cannot setup the new router for you, but your IT or the manufacturer of your new router can help you. They will need to move settings from the old to the new router to ensure your computers and other devices on the network work properly.
- Call Verizon to assist with bridging the G1100 modem modem to your new router.