This article provides instructions how to install Email Archiving service and enable it for Office 365 mailboxes.
In order to start using Email Archiving for Office 365 mailboxes, log in to HostPilot® Control Panel, navigate to Services > Office 365 > Email Archiving and click Install Email Archiving.
On the installation page, you can
- select to archive all Office 365 mailboxes
- specify Office 365 mailboxes to be archived:
click on Specify Office 365 mailboxes to be archived, select checkboxes next to appropriate mailboxes and click Select.
- Automatically enable Email Archiving for newly created mailboxes
- Office 365 users should exist in Office 365 control panel and Office 365 licenses should be assigned. Read our Knowledge Base articles How To Add Users On Office 365 and How To Assign/Unassign Licenses For Office 365 for more information.
- If mailboxes in your Office365 account do not exist, the following wording will be displayed:
After Email Archiving module is installed, you can enable Email Archiving service for individual mailboxes or to select multiple mailboxes > Save changes.
To enable Email Archiving for an existing Office 365 mailbox:
- Navigate to HostPilot > Services > Office 365 > Email Archiving (or Services > Email Archiving ).
- Select the checkbox under Email Archiving column in front of a mailbox or select multiple mailboxes.
- Click Save changes.
The following types of mailboxes can be archived:
- User mailboxes
- Resource mailboxes
- Shared mailboxes
Archiving service is chargeable for user mailboxes only.
To manage the Email Archive:
- Navigate to HostPilot > Services > Office 365 > Email Archiving and click Manage email archiving link.
- You will be redirected to Email Archiving Control Panel.
Note: you can provide end-users with the web link for their direct access to the email archive. To generate the link, log into HostPilot > Services > Office 365 > Email Archiving and click Manage email archiving link. Then, copy the URL from the address line and share it with the users.
Read the Knowledge Base article Email Archiving: Archiving Control Panel Overview for more information on the Archiving control panel.
Read the Knowledge Base article How Do I Manage My Archive? for more information how end-users can access and manage their archive.
- mail will start being archived from the moment you enable the service for the mailbox. That means that all messages sent to or from the mailbox are journaled to the archive
- data of public folders is not archived
- if there are no users with Email Archiving on your account, Email archiving will be automatically uninstalled and all users archives will be removed in 30 days
- only User mailbox archives can be managed by end-users. Resource mailbox and Shared mailbox archives can be managed only by Administrator
- only HostPilot Administrator can access Email Archiving panel with Admin rights and only via HostPilot > Services > Office 365 > Email Archiving > Manage email archiving