Drag and Drop is a feature enabled by Support on request to upload legacy email data to your archive account.
The supported mail formats for Drag and Drop are:
- EML (must be compressed before being uploaded. The supported compressed file types are ZIP, 7zip, and tar/
- RFC822 (must be compressed before being uploaded. The supported compressed file types are ZIP, 7zip, and tar/
Note: avoid any additional encryption to the zipped files.
To use Drag and Drop feature:
- Log in to the Email Archiving control panel by clicking Access your archiving control panel on the HostPilot® Control Panel > Services > Email Compliance > Email Archiving page:
- In the top right-hand corner, switch from the Search to the Admin dashboard by clicking Admin:
- Navigate to the Import tab and click Upload To Your Archive:
- Fill in the required information and click Select Files:
- When a Java Applet opens, click Select file(s):
- Select files to upload or drag files to the upload window.
- Status messages are displayed during the upload. Once
uploadis completed, click Upload Completed button.
- Drag and
Dropupload is generally much faster than upload to an FTP site (the specific speed will vary with the network used.) In addition, in most cases, the import process itself will be faster because Drag and Drop uploadsthe files directly to a secure S3 location where they can be directly accessed for import.
- Drag and Drop upload can be stopped and resumed. Files which have been previously uploaded, during the current upload job, will be recognized and will not be re-uploaded. Files which have been partially uploaded will resume.
- Drag and Drop uploads files securely, using HTTPS/SSL.
- Drag and Drop
usesJava applets for upload and requires Java on the machine.