This article describes how to save messages sent from a shared mailbox to the Sent Items folder of the shared mailbox.
- Log in to OWA of a mailbox you have
sendas/full access or send on behalf of permissions.
Read our Knowledge Base article What Is The URL For Outlook Web Access (OWA)? for instructions how to access OWA.
If you have full access permissions to the shared mailbox, you can access it via your OWA.
Read our Knowledge Base article How Do I Open Another User's Mailbox In OWA 2010? for more details.
- Navigate to Options in the upper-right corner> See all options > Settings tab > Sent Items tab.
- Messages sent as this mailbox can be saved in the Sent Items folder of the:
- From mailbox;
- Sender and From mailbox;
- Sender mailbox.
Select desired option from the first drop-down list > click Save.
The same options are available for messages sent on behalf of this mailbox.
- the instructions apply only if you have full access permissions to a mailbox you want to send emails from.
- Administrator rights are required to edit Windows Registry. This is because it is not safe and you will perform this operation at your own risk.
This method is also available for Exchange 2010. However, the first method is recommended for Exchange 2010 mailboxes.
In order to save messages sent from a shared mailbox in the sent items of the shared mailbox, modify the Registry for your Outlook:
- Click Start, click Run, type Regedit, and then click OK.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\x.0\Outlook\Preferences
The x.0 depends on your Outlook version: 16.0 = Outlook 2016, 15.0 = Outlook 2013, 14.0 = Outlook 2010
- Right-click on Edit menu, navigate to New > DWORD Value
- Type DelegateSentItemsStyle, press Enter
- Double-click DelegateSentItemsStyle, type in 1 in the Value Data box, click OK