Note: Effective June 1, 2018 we will remove the option to sell Email Continuity and Outlook Backup for Office 365 and effective October 1, 2018 we will be ending the life of those products.
This article applies to Office 365 with Intermedia accounts only.
Outlook Backup allows customers to perform various operations with PST files. In order to use Outlook Backup, customers must log in to HostPilot® Control Panel with account owner credentials or as a technical administrator with access to the Outlook Backup page.
To install Outlook Backup for Office 365 service:
- Navigate to Services > Outlook Backup
- Specify Office 365 users you would like to enable Outlook Backup for or enable Outlook Backup for all Office 365 user mailboxes.
Note: by default Enable Outlook Backup for all Office 365 mailboxes is selected.
- Select Backup Schedule for your mailboxes by clicking Edit button: Monthly, Weekly or No need a backup now. Scheduled Backups can be added/modified after Getting Started process.
Note: by default Selected users are automatically backed up monthly option is selected and by default, all backups are saved, but the retention policy can be modified after the installation.
- Click Get Started with Outlook Backup button.
- Confirm charges.
- It can take up to 15 min to enable Outlook Backup service. Click
Refreshbutton to check the current status of Outlook Backup enablement.
- Outlook Backup service for newly created Office 365 users will be enabled automatically. This can be checkedon the HostPilot > Services > Outlook Backup > Users page. You can also change the schedule for the automatic backups.
Important: the schedule assigned to newly created users is defaulted and could not be deleted.
- Charges are calculated based on your total Outlook Backup space which depends on a number of users with Outlook Backup service enabled and your package (not utilized storage).
- Mailbox for which you want to run the backup cannot be hidden from Address Book