This article explains how to configure a custom application with AppID that requires an additional step in logging in.
The scenario is the following:
- Step 1 - Login ID is required and the Next button needs to be clicked.
- Step 2 - After clicking Next button the Password field is present and then you would need to click Log In button.
By default, AppID is not able to auto login this kind of Apps. These Apps need to be configured manually.
Set up a custom application for AppID
- In HostPilot® Control Panel navigate to Services > AppID > Applications > click Add custom application button. Read the Knowledge Base on Intermedia AppID: Adding Custom Applications for more information.
- Obtain the Username Selector. To obtain the selectors in Google Chome right-click the Login field > click on Inspect option. Chrome will highlight the correct element automatically. Once the entry is highlighted select Copy > Copy Selector.
Note: you would need to paste the selector for password and for the Login button. Follow steps above to obtain the Password Selector.
- In HostPilot navigate to Services > AppID > Applications > select the application > navigate to Authentication.
- Paste the Login ID selector into the Authentication setting on the App > click Save changes button.
- Click Add field, choose a password for the next step and paste Password Selector into field >click Add step option.
- Remove Button and Password options from the Step 1.
- Add Button to the Step 2 and paste Field
Cssselector for Password and Button.
- Test to verify if the application works correctly.