Microsoft is discontinuing support of Office 2011 for Mac client applications as of October 10, 2017.
Note: This will not affect the usage of Office 2011 for Mac, only the support functions Microsoft will provide. After October 10, 2017, the following apply:
- Office for Mac 2011 client applications and all language packs will no longer be available for installation from the Office 365 Admin Center or HostPilot® Control Panel.
- Microsoft will no longer provide support for these versions of the products through Customer Service and Support (CSS) or Microsoft Premier Support.
- Microsoft will not release any feature updates for these versions of the products.
- Microsoft will continue to release critical and important security updates for these versions of the products until April 10, 2018.
- An updated 2011 version of the Office Deployment Tool will be released that will no longer support the installation of Office 365 client applications.
- Microsoft will not provide notification before implementing potentially disruptive changes that may result in a service interruption for users of the Office 2011 for Mac version of client applications. See the following Microsoft website: Microsoft Online Services support lifecycle policy.
Users who are running the 2011 versions of Office for Mac client applications should upgrade to the latest version of Office 2016 for Mac client applications to continue receiving support for those applications. The latest version of Office for Mac is available in HostPilotf or through the Office 365 portal and included with your Office Apps subscription.
To learn more about the benefits of upgrading to Office 2016 visit this Microsoft article: Why you should upgrade to Office 2016.
For addition information on the announcement from Microsoft, see: Office for Mac 2011 will no longer be available for installation