If you want to connect to your Exchange/OWA-only mailbox using POP/SMTP or IMAP/SMTP protocols, you can configure your mail client manually. The following instructions apply to Outlook for Mac 2011/2016.
Note: this article applies only to Exchange mailboxes. To connect your Outlook For Mac to POP/IMAP mailbox read the Knowledge Base article on How Do I Configure Outlook 2011 For Mac To Connect To POP/IMAP Mailbox? and How Do I Configure Outlook 2016 For Mac To Connect To POP/IMAP Mailbox?
Make sure that you POP and IMAP connection are enabled for your Exchange mailbox:
- Log in to HostPilot and navigate to the Services > Mailboxes page.
- Click the user's Display Name to view the settings for the user’s mailbox.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Make sure that POP3 (IMAP4) checkbox is selected. If POP3 (IMAP4) options are not enabled, select them and click Save Changes button.
Follow the steps below to configure your Outlook for Mac. The same process applies to both Outlook for Mac 2011 and 2016 versions.
- Go to Outlook > Preference > Accounts.
- Click Other Email.
- Enter your email address,
passwordfor the mailbox and uncheck Configure automatically checkbox.
- Enter your username (the same as e-mail address).
- Choose the type of connection: POP or IMAP.
- Enter your Incoming server and Outgoing server names. You can find those navigating to HostPilot > Home > Exchange servers and settings > Incoming server (Outgoing server).
- Check Override default port and enter the following port numbers for the servers:
- Incoming server: 993 (IMAP) or 995 (POP)
- Outgoing server: 25, 465, 587
- Check Use SSL to connect (recommended) checkboxes for both Incoming and Outgoing Servers.
- Click Add Account.
- Close Accounts window.
Note: it takes several minutes for mailbox items to populate Outlook account.