Bria is a popular softphone application developed by Counterpath available for both PC & Mac, as well as Android and iPhone platforms. This softphone can be provisioned to your Intermedia Unite Voice Services account and will work with the same features and services that hardware devices can use.
Configuring a device on HostPilot
- Access the HostPilot and navigate to Voice Services.
- Click on Devices from the side-bar.
- Click on +Activate New Device.
- Select the "Other" option from the list of device types.
- Give the Bria device a name (fill in Brand and Model fields) and e911 info for the phone and assign a user, then click Add device.
Configuring Bria to use SIP credentials
- Add a new Bria SIP account.
- Under the Account tab, enter a memorable Account name like "Extension 124 - Jeff Magnum"
- In HostPilot, navigate to Devices and then find your Bria softphone device. Click on the Line
keystab. Click the Key icon associated with "Button #1" to view your SIP credentials.
- Write these down:
- Login: ########
- Password: XXXXXXXXXX
- Server: hpbx#.telecomsvc.com
- Port: 5060
- Under the "Account" tab in Bria, enter this info under User Details.
- User ID = "Login" From HostPilot
- Domain = "Server" From HostPilot
- Password = "Password" From HostPilot
- Make sure "Register with domain and receive calls" is checked.
- Click OK.
- Your Bria softphone should register and be ready for use!