This article describes the process of setting up an email account in Windows 10 Mail app. You should use the same instructions and settings to connect your Windows RT wireless devices.
- You need to enable ActiveSync for the user in HostPilot® Control Panel.
Read the Knowledge Base article on How Do I Enable ActiveSync Service For A User? for more information.
- When you first run Windows Mail app, it might ask you to sign in with Microsoft account. Once signed in, it will allow you to add an email account.
Add the email account following the instructions below:
- Open the Windows Mail app.
- If you see the Add an account button when you start Mail app, select Add account > Exchange. If you don’t see the Add an account option, open the main charm menu on the right side of the page, and then select Settings > Accounts > Add an account > Exchange.
- If Autodiscover exists:
Type your email address and click Next. On the next step enter your password, and then click Sign in.
If Autodiscover does not exist:
Perform the steps mentioned above. Once you click Sign In you will see the additional
User nameand Domain fields. Leave these blank on this step. Click Sign in, then click Advanced.
Fill in the following blank fields:
- Username and Domain: Enter both the way they appear in HostPilot > Users > email@example.com > Exchange > ActiveSync or My Services > ActiveSync.
- Server address: You can find the Proxy server name in HostPilot > Home > Exchange servers and settings.
Do not use Default Exchange Server setting.
- Check Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection
Click Sign in.
Read the Knowledge Base article on What Is An Autodiscover Record And Why Do I Need It? for more information.
- Then, in the Make my PC more secure box, click Enforce these policies.
To change synchronization settings for your account, open the main charm menu on the right side of the page, click Settings > Accounts, and select your account:
- Download new content: By default, Exchange ActiveSync pushes new data to your device as it arrives on the server. Here you can change it to fetch new data on a schedule or pull new data manually.
- Download email
from:The quantity of data that you want to download from server.
- Sync options: You can turn off mail, calendar or contact syncing.