Accessing And Managing Individual User's Quarantine Settings
To access User quarantine, navigate to HostPilot > Services > Email Protection > Email Management > User quarantine takeover:
You will be redirected to a new web page.
Note: you can log into one User quarantine at a time.
To log in to an individual user's quarantine area, you can do the following:
- find the user's email address from the list:
- type at least 4 characters of the user's email address and click on the email address:
Note: the user will appear in the list only if they have at least one quarantined email.
Read the Knowledge Base article on Email Protection: User Quarantine (End-User Guide) for more information on how to manage User quarantine.
To log in to another User quarantine area, click on Search for another user and go through the same steps:
Note: if you get the error message saying No quarantine area found when searching for another user's quarantine area, check the email address for typos. If the email address seems correct, then it is possible that the user has not received any quarantined emails yet.
The following functionality is available in the User
To see the list of the quarantined emails in User Quarantine navigate to the Quarantined emails section. There you can process each email individually or in bulk.
The following actions are available for individual processing of emails:
- View - Will allow you to preview a quarantined message.
- Allow - Will release this individual email and deliver it to the user`s Inbox.
- Always allow - Will release any emails from this sender, or domain, and deliver them to the user`s Inbox. It will also add the sender or domain to the user`s personal safe sender list.
- Block - Will block any emails from this sender, or domain. It will also add the sender or domain to the user`s personal blocked sender list.
- Delete - Will delete this individual email from the quarantine.
The following actions are available for bulk processing of emails:
- Allow once – Will release the selected emails and deliver them to the user's Inbox.
- Always allow sender – Will release the selected & other emails from the senders from the users's quarantine area. It will also add the senders` email addresses to the user's personal safe senders list.
- Always allow domain – Will release the selected & other emails from the senders from the users's quarantine area. It will also add the senders` domains to the user's personal safe senders list.
- Delete – Will delete the selected emails from the user's quarantine area.
- Block sender – Will delete the selected & other emails from the senders from the users's quarantine area. It will also add the senders` email addresses to the user's personal blocked senders list.
- Block domain – Will delete the selected & other emails from these senders from the users's quarantine area. It will also add the senders` domains to the user's personal blocked senders list.
Once bulk action is chosen, a pop up window will ask you to confirm or decline your request.
You can run different searches and filter the quarantined emails. To start a new search navigate to Advanced search > fill in the boxes > Search.
Emails can be filtered by three categories: Spam, Marketing, Phishing. Selected category will be highlighted once chosen.
To see and manage the list of Safe and Blocked senders, in the User Quarantine area, navigate to Safe and Blocked senders.
You can download Safe/Blocked list
And upload the Safe/Blocked
- Quarantine settings
- Quarantined email notification settings:
Under Quarantine settings, you can customize the time zone settings for an individual user's quarantine area. To do so, go to Settings and select the Timezone while logged into a specific User quarantine:
You can choose the days when an end-user will receive the quarantined email report. To manage this setting, in User Quarantine area
The Admin can set the intervals between reports or set a timeframe to receive email notifications:
You can select which quarantined emails are included in the report:
Onlyemail added to my quarantine since my last report
- All quarantined emails in my quarantined area
You can control the number of the quarantine emails included into Quarantine Report:
Also, it is possible to manage the Weekly Quarantine Summary. You can select which day of the week the quarantined email summary is delivered to the user and manage the delivery frequency by choosing between weekly or monthly delivery:
You can see the list of Email aliases associated with user's mailbox. To check that in User Quarantine area, log in to a specific user Quarantine Area and navigate to Email Aliases:
The end users quarantine reports and summaries can be redirected to a custom email address. To set up the forwarding navigate to the User quarantine area > Find the user > Admin Settings > Add an alternative delivery email address > specify the address > Add:
Important: an alternative address can only be another address that exists inside of your organization.
Note: if an alternative delivery email address is specified, the quarantine reports will be sent to that address, not to the user.
Important: if Account Administrator wants to send quarantine reports to the user
Account Administrator can turn the quarantine email notifications on/off for a user. To enable/disable the quarantine report delivery for a user, in the User quarantine area find the user and switch to Admin Settings. There you will see Quarantine email notifications that can be turned on/off:
- Deliver the daily quarantined email report
- Deliver the weekly quarantined email report
Note: end-users will not know that Account Administrator has disabled the quarantine email notifications.
Managing User Quarantine Default Settings For Multiple Users
To manage User quarantine default settings and permissions for multiple users at once, navigate to HostPilot > Services > Email Protection > Settings > Default user settings.
Important: while all changes made to User quarantine default settings will be applied to newly created mailboxes only, all changes made to User quarantine default permissions will be applied to both newly created and existing mailboxes. Contact Support if you would like the changes made to default settings to be applied to existing mailboxes.
Understanding Default Settings
- Time zone
Click on the drop-down list and choose the desired time zone.
Note: by default Adjust for daylight saving time automatically is enabled, untick it if you do not want it to be adjusted automatically.
- Frequency of quarantined email notifications
Here you can turn on the daily quarantined email report and the weekly quarantined email summary for all new users. To adjust how frequently it will be delivered, click on Enable report for the daily reports or on Enable weekly reports for the weekly summary.
Daily quarantined email report settings
It is possible to manage several settings for daily quarantined email reports:
- Delivery day(s): check the boxes next to the days you would like users to receive reports on
- Interval between reports: it can be set from Every hour up to Every 24 hours
- Content of report: choose whether users will receive emails added to user's quarantine since their last report or all emails they currently have in there
- Maximum number of quarantined emails included in each report: it can be set from 10 to 100
- Delivery timeframe: check the box next to Set delivery timeframe if you would like to set delivery timeframe for daily reports
Weekly qurantined email summary settings
For weekly reports, you can only manage how frequently they will be delivered to end-users. The following options are available:
- Weekly frequency: choose between Every week or Every other week
- Monthly frequency: choose between 1st day of the month, 15th day of the month, Last day of the month
Note: if you would like end-users to receive both daily and weekly reports, you can turn them on simultaneously.
Understanding Default Permissions
- Personal safe&blocked sender lists: if either of them is unchecked, users will not be able to manage their safe/blocked sender lists. Such additional options as Allow domains on personal safe/blocked sender list and Allow IP addresses on personal safe/blocked sender list are also available for managing
Note: if any personal lists are already there and Account Administrator disables the permission, existing personal lists will still be applied and end-users will see them, however, they will not be able to manage them (e.g. modify, delete, add new entries).
- Manage time zone:if this is ticked, end-users will be able to set their own time zone regardless of what the default one is set to
- Manage daily quarantined email report settings & Manage daily quarantined email report settings:choose whether end-users can manage their own quarantined email notification settings based on their preferences
- View company's sender list: tick this so end-users could see the account-wide safe and blocked senders lists
- Show the "Delete all emails" button: if this is checked, end-users will be able to delete all quarantined emails at once by clicking on this button.
Depending on what Quarantine settings and permissions are set to by Account Administrator, users will see different experience in their quarantine.
Example: you do not want your end-users to be able to create their own safe and blocked senders list, however, there should be no other restrictions on what they see in their quarantine areas. In this case, check all boxes under Quarantine permissions for all users except the Manage personal safe sender list and Manage personal blocked sender list ones.
Even if some features are disabled for end-users under the Default User quarantine settings, Account Administrator can still enable them on an individial basis. To enable a feature for a particular user, navigate to HostPilot > Services > Email Protection > Email Management > User quarantine takeover > type in the user's email address.
Here you will see the quarantine settings that are not visible for an end-user - they will be highlighted in orange:
While Account Administrator can review and adjust even the highlighted quarantine settings, end-users will only see the notification saying that some features have been locked or disabled: