A Web Fax is a personal fax number for receiving faxes that doesn't require a fax machine. People wishing to send you a fax simply dial your Intermedia Unite Web Fax number and send the fax, which is then stored in your web fax portal.
- You may view and forward the fax from any Web-enabled computer, tablet, or cell phone.
- You can be notified automatically of new Fax messages on your PC or digital cell phone via Notification settings.
- You are able to send faxes to your customers by utilizing the Web Fax Upload tool (compatible with Windows).
In this article we will cover the following topics:
- Create new Web Fax
- Edit WebFax settings / delete Web Fax
- Log in to manage faxes
- Manage faxes
- Feature specifics and Supported Operating Platforms
To create a new Web Fax:
- Navigate to Voice Services > Resources & Utilities > click Create.
- Choose Web fax option and click Proceed.
- Assign a Name, Phone number, and set the Location.
- Click Create web fax.
- Confirm charges for this operation.
To access your Web Fax general settings:
- Navigate to Voice Services > Resources & Utilities > click on the fax name.
- You can change the following settings on the General tab
- Update the Name.
- Reset the PIN.
- Log in to the Web Fax inbox.
- Change the Location
Note: You can not change the assigned phone number. To change number you need to delete web fax from account and create a new one.
To delete a Web Fax:
- Navigate to Voice Services > Resources & Utilities.
- Check the Web Fax you wish to remove.
- Click Delete.
Log in via HostPilot (admin access):
- Navigate to Voice Services > Resources & Utilities
- Click on the fax name
- Click Setup Faxes, Settings and Tools
Log in as a user
- Go to https://www.intermedia.net/login/voice/
- Enter your Web Fax number and PIN (or temporary PIN if it is your first time logging in).
To view and manage your received faxes:
- Navigate to Faxes > New / Received tab to view the list of received faxes for the last 90 days.
- On this page you can:
- View used fax storage space.
- View received faxes in TIF, JPG, PNG.
- Forward faxes to email address or to fax number.
- Save faxes to store longer.
- Download faxes.
- Delete faxes.
Under Sent Fax Log you can check the status of sent faxes.
In order to set up your email notifications navigate to Settings > Notification
For more information on Notification settings, please see: Details on setting Web Fax notifications
To view or download your fax history navigate to Settings > Call History.
You may send faxes from your computer using Fax Upload Application. Detailed instructions on installing application and sending faxes
|Length Limitation On Incoming Faxes||Length Unlimited|
|Page Limit On General Fax Storage||1024 Pages|
|Time Limit On Saved Faxes||90 Days|
|Page Limit For Outgoing Faxes||200 Pages|
Supported Operating Platforms:
- Windows 9x
- Windows ME
- Windows NT 4.0
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows 7
- Windows 10