Note: this feature is available only for accounts with Email Protection + DLP plan. If your account interface and settings differ from the ones described below and you want to upgrade to Email Protection + DLP plan, please contact Support.
Domain Keys Identified Mail (DKIM) is designed to make it difficult for criminals to steal the identities of legitimate organizations. This authentication technology allows senders to “sign” a message to prove it really did come from them. Once DKIM signing has been enabled for a domain, all outbound email messages from that domain will be signed using the current DKIM key.
To enable DKIM:
- Go to HostPilot® Control Panel > Services > Email Protection > Settings > Digital Signature (DKIM).
- Choose the domain you would like to configure DKIM for and click on Generate keys.
- You can now see the values for creating a new TXT record for your domain. Contact your DNS provider to add a new TXT record.
Important: update the TXT record before clicking Enable digital signing, otherwise it might result in non-delivery of messages to the recipient depending on the recipient's mail filter configuration.
Here is what this TXT record should look like:
Host Name: 2017071012342006._new.yourdomain.com
Note: if Intermedia hosts DNS records for the domain, the corresponding TXT record will be created or removed automatically.
Once the TXT record is updated, go back to HostPilot > Services > Email Protection > Settings > Digital Signature (DKIM) > Enable digital signing.
To disable DKIM select the domain for which the DKIM is enabled and in the new menu, click Disable digital signing:
Important: remove the TXT record after clicking Disable digital signing.
To create a new DKIM key:
- Go to HostPilot > Services > Email Protection > Settings > Digital Signature (DKIM).
- Check settings for the domain with enabled DKIM.
- Click Generate new keys
- Click Switch to key
Important: update the TXT record simultaneously with adding a new DKIM key or create the second TXT record with a new DKIM key before clicking Switch to key, otherwise it might result in non-delivery of messages to the recipient depending on the recipient's mail filter configuration.