This article describes how to set up CyberData Intercom to work with the Intermedia Unite voice services.
The setup is split into two parts:
- Log in to HostPilot and navigate to Services > Voice Services and select the Devices tab on the left-side navigation.
- Select Activate new device, at the top of the page
- Fill out the ‘Activate new device’ form; this is going to create your device, link it to the User, and assign E911 location information.
- For Brand, select Other; this will reveal text fields for both Brand and Model. Fill these out to display the information of your device.
Note: These fields are just for general identification and do not have any effect on the provisioning of your device.
- For User, select the drop-down arrow and assign a user from the selection window OR click in the drop-down field and start typing the name (First Last) to quickly locate the existing user, then press enter to confirm the selection.
- For Address, Country, State, City, & ZIP Code, enter the correct information of where this device will reside OR select the Prefill with existing location to auto-fill the default address assigned to the user.
- Read the 911 Policy and limitations and then click the check box to confirm you have read and understood these terms.
- Click the Add Device button at the bottom of the page to submit your form.
- Once added, you will see the device showing in the Devices You will notice the device name is hyperlinked; click the device name to access your device information.
- After clicking the device name you will arrive on the General tab containing your device information.
- For Paging, click the checkbox that will allow this device to participate in paging groups, if the Intercom will need to be assigned to a pager group.
- For Emulation select Generic Paging Device; this will adjust the PBX to use specific compatibility options for this type of device.
- Click Save changes to commit these settings.
- After your changes are saved, select the Line Keys tab to access your SIP credentials for provisioning the CyberData speaker.
You will notice that you already have a Button #1 listed as a line key; this was automatically assigned as a new line key when the device was created. If you need additional line keys, you can select New Button to create a second set of credentials.
Note: Each device, or line key of a device, has to be registered with the PBX using a unique Device ID. If a user would like to use multiple devices for the same user (e.g. multiple loud speakers), the administrator will need to generate additional device IDs by adding new buttons on the ‘Line Keys’ tab.
- To access the credentials for ‘Button #1’, click the key icon at the end of the button description.
- The SIP credentials are listed in a pop-up dialog.
Now that you have your SIP credentials you can provision your CyberData intercom device.
- Plug in the network cable into the intercom. While the device is initializing, it automatically finds the local DHCP server and gets its IP address.
- To obtain the IP address of your intercom, you can find it in your router/modem interface. The MAC address will show up associated with an IP address.
- On your computer, open a web browser and type the loud speaker IP address in the browser's address bar. In the login box, enter the admin credentials for the phone (default username: admin, password: admin). You will see the web interface for configuring the loud speaker.
- Click SIP Config on the menu and enter the following settings for SIP Configuration:
- In the SIP Server box, type the loud speaker PBX Server (e.g. hpbx4.telecomsvc.com)
- Under SIP Settings, in both the SIP User ID and Authenticate ID boxes, type the ‘Login’
- In the Authenticate Password box, type the loud speaker Password
- Click Save, then click Reboot