Paging groups are used to send pages to specific members assigned. Pages are a non-interactive phone call used to announce a message to a group of members, such as a call holding or that a specific member's presence is required.
'Members' are assigned to Paging Groups, to dictate which devices will ring; only Devices with assigned Users or a Resource can be assigned as a 'Member' of a paging group.
To set up a Paging Group, you need to:
- Navigate to Services > Voice Services > Groups.
- Click the Create group button.
- Select Paging Group and click Proceed.
- Enter the PagingGroup settings:
- Paging Group Name: Choose a meaningful name for the group, for example, Sales or Customer Service.
- Extension: Type 3-6 digit extension that is not assigned to a user or any other service.
Now you will see the new Paging Group name listed on the Groups tab, and you can open it for editing.
You can manage a few additional parameters of the Paging Group that you have created.
On the General Tab you can:
- Edit the name of the paging group.
- Modify the extension number.
- Add a note for description of the Group (this is purely for quick identification to Admins that log into $controlpanel
Access the Members Tab in order to add agents to the paging group:
- Click on Add new member > Select from the list or use the Search field, then click the Add button. They are added to the list of agents at the bottom of the page.
- To enter the names, you can type full display names or email addresses and click the Check icon.
All members of this group will receive any pages sent to the extension number of the paging group.