A Fax resource is treated as a type of virtual user specifically for Fax ATA Devices provisioned to your account. This allows the device to gain additional features from the Resource:
- Assign multiple Direct dial number(s)
- Configurable outbound caller ID
- Location of resource; carries over to E911 of device.
In this article we will cover the following topics:
To create a new Fax Resource:
- Navigate to Voice Services > Resources & Utilities > click Create.
- Choose Fax resource option and click Proceed.
- Name your fax resource.
- Assign a phone number.
- Set a location where this fax resource will be used.
- Click Create fax resource.
- Confirm the charges for this operation on the next pop-up.
To access your Conference Bridge general settings:
- Navigate to Voice Services > Resources & Utilities > click on the web fax name.
- You can change the following settings on the General tab
- Update the Name.
- Change the Extension.
- Change or Assign Phone Numbers.
- Update the payment Plan.
- Adjust the Outbound Caller ID.
- Change the Location.
To delete a Resource:
- Navigate to Voice Services > Resources & Utilities.
- Check the Fax Resource you wish to delete.
- Click Delete.
The Devices tab will list the current devices that the fax resource is assigned to.
To assign the fax resource to a new device:
- Click the Assign new button.
- Select any available fax adapter from the Device drop down.
- Ensure the E911 address for the device is current and correct.
- Read the 911 Policy and limitations and place a checkmark in the box to acknowledge.
- Click Assign device
You will be returned to the Devices list and see the ATA assigned and ready for use.