This article is an overview of a Number Porting Letter of Authorization (LOA) Wizard which allows you to submit the necessary paperwork to start your Number Porting request, track the request status and provide additional information.
Creating new Number Porting request
Once you are logged into HostPilot, navigate to Voice Services > Phone Numbers.
- Click the Port existing numbers link.
- Choose which type of number(s) you would like to port: local or toll-free.
Note: Submit requests for local and toll-free number porting separately. If you are porting numbers from multiple accounts, submit each request separately. For local port orders, identify the timeframe in which you will be ready for your numbers to port. We will submit your
portingorder requesting the next available date from your current service provider, using your preferred portingtimeframe as a guide. Leave comments if needed.
- Enter the number(s) to port. As noted, do not combine local and toll-free numbers on the same order and do not combine numbers from different accounts.
- Provide us with your current billing account information for the numbers you wish to port. NOTE: this is NOT your account information for your services with us.
- We suggest getting a recent copy of your phone bill from your current service provider for the numbers you are
porting- use that as the reference in entering the below information.
- For orders to port local numbers: show the service address your current provider has on file.
- For orders to port toll-free numbers: show the billing address on file with your current provider.
- In both cases, the authorizing person must be listed as an authorized owner or administrator for these numbers with your current provider. If you are submitting this on behalf of an end-user
whomhas already provided you with a LOA, please fill this in with the information they have provided.
NOTE: you are then required per FCC regulations to keep your end user's LOA on file and available for reference.
The porting team will review the submitted request and let you know what information should be changed/added in the porting order through Footprints case, so you should receive updates via your contact email address.
Consider monitoring your contact mailbox periodically.
Additional information about Number Porting Service
The status page shows you the list of all number porting requests with the following statuses:
- Completed: We have successfully ported the number(s) to our network. Check to make sure that they are routing as you wish, then contact your previous service provider to cancel any numbers/services you no longer need from them.
- In Progress: We currently have all necessary information from you and are working on your port order. We have/are submitting it to our carrier and your current service provider. We have/will provide an Estimated Porting Date based on the timeframe you requested and soonest date available from your current service provider. If all information you submitted matches the information currently on file with your service provider, we will provide you a Confirmed Porting Date. Please check this status ever few days for any updates. If we require additional information, we will provide detailed instructions in an email from the associated Footprints case.
- Waiting for you: We need some additional information from you.
- If you had not previously submitted a Letter of Authorization (LOA) for these numbers, please start the LOA Wizard by pressing the "Revise LOA" button.
- If you had already submitted the LOA for these numbers and we notified you of an issue from the associated Footprints case, first review the instructions in that case.
If we instructed you to submit a new LOA then press Revise LOA to enter to the Edit Mode.
- In both cases, start the LOA wizard and follow the steps to submit your LOA.
- Canceled: Indicates that your order to port the numbers shown has been canceled. You may have contacted us to cancel it or we have had to cancel it because we have not received from you the necessary information to proceed.
- Scheduled: We have received a firm commitment date from your current phone company to port the numbers. This means that port order is now final and confirmed; any changes/cancellations made after this will incur charges.
This page also shows:
- the Footprints case number, which you can provide to support representative. We will be sending emails with this case number in the subject field in which you can find further information and instructions.
- Number(s) to port.
- Estimated Porting Date - this is the date we have requested to port with your current service provider based on the dates they have available, the timeframe you indicated to us, and the nature of your port order and current services. This is not yet confirmed. Any changes to your port order will require your order to start over again, usually with a new estimated porting date.
- Confirmed Porting Date - this date has been confirmed with your current service provider; we will port your numbers on this date. Any changes to your port order including the request to change this date may incur charges.