You can set up Find Me, Follow Me for a user to forward unanswered calls to other numbers. You can set this up for individual users in HostPilot, or you can give users permission to change their own settings in My Services (read the Knowledge Base articles Setting user permissions for phone settings and How do I view or change my personal phone settings? for more information).
If a call has not been answered, it rings on the Find Me,
You can also set up forwarding to another user's extension. In this case, the forwarded call will follow the other user's rules and will not be redirected back to the first user's voice mail.
Note: Follow Me Forwarding is also used as the failover number. For more information check this article.
Important: No Answer forwarding set up on the phones may interfere with the FMFM it is highly recommended to have it disabled.
To set up Find Me, Follow Me for a user:
- Navigate to Services > Voice Services > General> Manage Users. In the list of users, click the display name of the user you want to set this up for.
- Locate the Find Me, Follow Me field, and click Not set.
- In the Find Me, Follow Me box, select ringing mode (sequentially or simultaneously), type the phone numbers to forward unanswered calls to. Type the numbers including the area code and long-distance prefix (for example, 12125551234). Do not use parentheses, dashes, or other punctuation in the number.
You can also set an extension to forward unanswered calls to. However, an extension will always be
onthe last place in the Find Me, Follow Me ringing order.
- Make sure the checkboxes are selected next to the phone numbers, set the Timeouts.
- Click Save Changes.
To turn off Find Me, Follow Me:
- Follow steps 1 - 3 above.
- Clear the checkbox next to phone numbers.
- Click Save Changes.
Calls will not be forwarded to this number. However, this will preserve the number for future use so you can turn it on again later.
Using a mobile phone for calls vs. forwarding
You can optionally configure a mobile device to work as an additional phone for a user via Hosted PBX. In this case, incoming calls ring to both the office extension (IP phone) and the registered mobile phone simultaneously. If you have configured a mobile phone this way, you do not need to use it for Find Me, Follow Me service (though you still may set a different phone number for Find Me, Follow Me).